Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The Grove Infant and Nursery School
The Grove Infant and Nursery School is a happy place where we foster a love of learning and ensure that school life is fun. It provides a nurturing, inclusive environment where all children are safe and secure. Staff enable children to reach their potential through personalised learning, challenge and high expectations, and by providing memorable, meaningful, active learning experiences. We value creativity and allow individuals to flourish and grow. We encourage independence, respect for others, high self esteem and personal responsibility, whilst promoting a sense of community and collaboration within the school and the wider world.
To achieve our Vision we aim to:
• Provide equality of opportunity through all aspects of our policy and practice
• Provide high quality teaching throughout the school, always seeking to innovate and improve our practice to best challenge and extend children’s learning
• Maintain excellent standards of attainment in core curriculum areas, providing children with excellent literacy and numeracy skills for life
• Provide exciting, personalised learning experiences across all curriculum areas, through a flexible thematic curriculum that responds to pupils’ interests and needs
• Maintain high standards of behaviour through good modelling, clear expectations and mutual respect, using the Personal, Social and Health Education curriculum and Assemblies to promote the Behaviour Code.
• Develop children’s self esteem, independence and resilience, whilst encouraging them to support others
• Celebrate success and reward effort and endeavour
• Maintain our commitment to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of all our pupils
• Work in partnership with parents and carers, sharing their child’s learning journey and encouraging support and involvement in every aspect of school life
• Share good practice at all levels within school and with our neighbours in local schools
• Play an active role in our local community
• Participate in and contribute to events and initiatives at local, national and international level, enhancing children’s awareness of the communities to which they belong
• Ensure our Governors support and challenge the school leadership in all areas of school life in order to promote self evaluation and improvement
• Do our very best!
These Aims have been drawn up following work by the Staff, Parents’ Forum, School Forum and Governors – Spring/Summer 2012 and again revisited and revised in 2014